Gabriel Razzano claims Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (pictured) had cops illegally confiscate his guns a day after he visited her office.
From NY Post:
An outspoken Long Island gun owner's home was raided by Nassau County detectives, who seized two dozen weapons he lawfully owns just one day after Rep. Carolyn McCarthy's office made a 911 call about him.I'd love to know what she said in the 9-1-1 call that compelled the PD to raid the home. There should be a recording, no doubt about it. The congrescritter's staff should be asked to testify under oath about what exactly they "felt" to be threatening in Mr. Razzano behavior during his visit. Did he threatened them or their boss with physical violence, or was he just a citizen came to express his displeasure with the release back on the streets of an illegal alien and attempted cop killer?
Freeport resident Gabriel Razzano claims he was targeted in the spring raid for his "unpopular" political beliefs.
He's now filed a $5 million federal lawsuit against the Nassau PD and McCarthy, charging they joined forces to strip him of his guns unconstitutionally.
The case pits Razzano against McCarthy, the most outspoken gun-control advocate in Congress. A crazed gunman murdered her husband in the infamous 1993 Long Island Rail Road Massacre.
The flap arose on March 19, when Razzano visited McCarthy's Garden City office to discuss an article about an illegal immigrant who was deported but was later nabbed in Freeport for the attempted murder of a cop.
"The office staff felt that Razzano's behavior was disruptive and threatening," said Lt. Kevin Smith, a police spokesman.
Razzano's home was raided the next morning.
I'd also like to know exactly what law the guy broke to have his home invaded all his guns taken.
One more detail about Rep Carolyn McCarthy: on Feb. 14, 2007, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) introduced H.R. 1022, a bill with the stated purpose, "to reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes.
Reauthorizing the Clinton ban would be bad enough. The guns that it temporarily banned--very widely used for target shooting, hunting and home protection--are still used in only a small percentage of crime. But McCarthy`s "other purposes" would make matters even worse. H.R. 1022 would ban every gun banned by the Clinton ban, plus millions more guns, including:
- Every gun made to comply with the Clinton ban. (The Clinton ban dictated the kinds of grips, stocks and attachments new guns could have. Manufacturers modified new guns to the Clinton requirements. H.R. 1022 would ban the modified guns too.
- Guns exempted by the Clinton ban. (Ruger Mini-14s and -30s, and Ranch Rifles; .30 cal. carbines; and fixed-magazine, semi-automatic, center-fire rifles that hold more than 10 rounds.)
- All semi-automatic shotguns. (E.g., Remington, Winchester, Beretta and Benelli, used for hunting, sport shooting and self-defense. H.R. 1022 would ban them because they have "any characteristic that can function as a grip," and would also ban their main component, called the "receiver.")
- All detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifles-including, for example, the ubiquitous Ruger 10/22 .22 rimfire-because they have "any characteristic that can function as a grip.
- Target shooting rifles. (E.g., the three centerfire rifles most popular for marksmanship competitions: the Colt AR-15, the Springfield M1A and the M1 "Garand.")
- Any semi-automatic shotgun or rifle an Attorney General one day claims isn`t "sporting," even though the constitutions of the U.S. and 44 states, and the laws of all 50 states, recognize the right to use guns for defense.
- 65 named guns (the Clinton law banned 19 by name); semi-auto fixed-magazine pistols of over 10 rounds capacity; and frames, receivers and parts used to repair or refurbish guns.
Clearly, McCarthy has a deep and irrational hate for guns and gun owners. No wonder in a truly Gestapo manner she felt it was OK t to order the cops to enter the home and confiscate the private property of a law abiding citizen. Mc Carthy wants to make illegal pretty much every single firearm in existence and make criminals out of all of us, American gun owners and hunters. She goes as far as trying to declare illegal semiautomatic shotguns whereas this type of firearm is the "bread and butter" for waterfowl and upland bird hunters or clay shooters.
I have all sympathy for her for the loss of her husband at the hands of a murderer who used a gun to kill her husband. I only can wonder if instead of a gun that criminal would have used an automobile to mow down her husband - or a baseball bat to bash his head in. Would then she tried to pass a law to ban all cars or all baseball bats? Would she have asked the cops to raid Mr. Razzano's home, tow away his automobile and seize his baseball bats -in case if he owned any?